Thursday, November 6, 2014

NaNoWriMo Chronicles: Day 6


With my word count at over 13,333, that means I'm now two days ahead of schedule! Wee! 

My only real difficulty with the writing so far has simply been getting started, as I said before. I look at the word count that needs to be done that day, and it's daunting. How will I ever reach it? But once I start writing, I find that I've written over 500 words before I even pause to wonder how many words I've written. 

A lot of people struggle with their "inner-editor" at this time, and I realized that, through my experience with college, I actually learned how to ignore that and go on writing sprints. Many classes wanted rough drafts that cared more about content than quality of technicalities. I didn't realize this was crafting me into someone who would be good and NaNoWriMo, but it was, and now I am grateful. 

The story itself is interesting. I feel like its moving quickly and lacking descriptions. My heroes have found themselves with a group living in the woods, but I've done little to describe the living conditions in the woods (where they sleep, what they eat, etc). I'll have to do more of that tomorrow. 

For now, here's the last bit I wrote: 
“Morning, angels!” greeted Jonnie. It was a friendly greeting, but she said it as if she might have a sarcastic comment to add the end. “Did we sleep well?”Shadow waited for the sarcasm, but it didn’t come. She only realized she hadn’t said anything a little too late, and Jonnie continued. “Still sleeping, I guess! Well, thought you should know that Harker here has called another meeting about you guys.”“Don’t worry,” Harker said, rising to her feet and smiling. “It’s all good things.”
How's your writing coming along? If you're not caught up on words, you can still do it! I believe in you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment