Saturday, November 1, 2014

NaNoWriMo Chronicles: Day 1

It's a good thing NaNoWriMo started on a Saturday, so I could get a little ahead in my word count! ^_^ (This will be good when I'm falling behind later). It was a little difficult to get started, but once I got my music going (Ayumi Hamasaki), and really settled down, I started getting a flow going.

The story is moving along both a little faster than I feel it should and perhaps a little slower. Though let me tell you: Writing a sequel helps with the beginning word count, because it gives you things to write about (i.e. summarizing some incidences that happened in the first one.) Also, I think I like one of my characters a little too much, and it's really starting to show in the writing. I think I may need to fix that. Or maybe it works. Who cares right now? I'm enjoying writing it and that's the most important thing.

Here's the last bit I wrote:
Shadow looked ahead at the figure in front of them. Slim. Pale. Dirty. He paused and looked back at them. Seeing them close together, his eyes moved between them, uneasy, almost suspicious. 
But Shadow saw it: Weary. Sorrowful. Alone. Human. 
Someone she should try talking to again. 
Eh, it's getting the story to move along, so it works for me. 

If you want to participate in NaNoWriMo, you can still sign up!  To my fellow participants: I hope you're first day is equally or more successful than mine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment