Wednesday, November 5, 2014

NaNoWriMo Chronicles: Day 5

I'm still on track with word count and almost 2 days ahead in writing. Basically, each day, there is a targeted goal you should be at when you're writing to finish on time. I'm currently nearing day 7's goal. It's really fun to see when you look at it on this graph on the site:
The bars are my writing each day; the line is where I should be each day.

The story is definitely taking on a life of its own, adding its own drama that I didn't plan, but that I think makes it better. It's not entirely straying from the plot outline I had planned, but definitely enhancing it. 

Here's the last excerpt I wrote today (with some names changed) :

Harker pulled up what were once two lawn chairs, and Jones and Harker sat comfortably nearby while Shadow and Ryder watched in envy.
Also, as promised, here's the cover I designed for this one:
It looks creepier than the story is, but I couldn't find a better way to make it look right (particularly since most of my time is devoted to the actual writing than cover making). Either way, it's a cover! Wee!

If you're participating, I hope it's going well! And be sure to add me as a writing buddy (Link)!

No comments:

Post a Comment