Friday, November 7, 2014

NaNoWriMo Chronicles: Day 7 (The day I come up short)

It finally happened. Today, I didn't reach my word count goal. I am suppose to be at a minimum of 15,000 (though preferably more than that), and though I wrote later than usual I just couldn't do it.
The fact of it is that this is the first day I didn't write in the morning, and I decided didn't write during lunch. It threw me off, and I couldn't recover today. 
Thank goodness it's the weekend, during which I can power through and hopefully get even further ahead again. 

The story itself is feeling... well, superficial. It feels like it's lacking depth, in its words and its content. Like it's just slaving away towards some ultimate goal that's covered in too much fog. 
Maybe I'll fix it in revisions. 

I would normally post the last thing I wrote, but it's a super huge spoiler for if someone reads it some day, so instead, here's another paragraph that's close to the end:

Geoff grinned at them, a smile as large as anything else on him. Everyone else followed suite. Soon, the people that had looked at them with distrust were now welcoming them with open arms. Shadow found that she was surrounded by smiles and warm greetings. It felt so artificial. Shadow hated it.
That's all I've got for you now. Hopefully I'll have a happier update for you tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment